The Peace and Freedom Party’s statement of purpose in the Official Voter Information Guide for the November 4, 2014 general election, published by the Secretary of State.
The Peace and Freedom Party is a working-class party in a country run by and for the wealthy and their corporations. We should not have to sacrifice our health, our livelihoods and our planet for our bosses’ profits. We can tax the rich, whose wealth is created by workers, to pay for society’s needs. We favor:
- Decent jobs and labor rights for all
- Free education for all, preschool through university
- Free universal health care
- Comprehensive services for disabled people
- Bring the troops home
- End all discrimination. Marriage equality
- Full rights for immigrants
- Restore and protect the environment
- Real democracy and fair political representation.
The “top two” law has taken most parties off the general election ballot. We must end it. Please vote for Adam Shbeita for Congress in the 44th District.
While our system puts the wealthy first, we will suffer war, police brutality, low wages, unsafe workplaces and pollution. We advocate socialism, the ownership and democratic control of the economy by working people. If we join together to take back our industries and natural resources, we can work together for the common good, rather than being slaves to the rich and their corporations.
Register Peace and Freedom Party!