The California Peace and Freedom Party supports the following candidate in the November 2014 election.
U.S. House of Representatives
44th District: Adam Shbeita – candidate website
The Peace and Freedom Party urges you to vote as follows on the statewide propositions. Click here for brief statements on each of them.
- No on Proposition 1 – water bonds – article
- No on Proposition 2 – rainy day fund – article
- Yes on Proposition 45 – regulation of health insurance premiums
- No on Proposition 46 – drug testing of doctors/medical malpractice
- Yes on Proposition 47 – criminal sentence reductions – article
- Yes on Proposition 48 – Native American gaming compact – article
Where Are the Statewide Candidates
We are not recommending a vote for any of the Statewide candidates, including Governor.
This November’s election for Governor and other state officers does not offer any options for working-class people. Under the new “top two” rules of Prop 14, the electoral system, which has always been dominated by the people with the most money, has gotten worse. You will not be able to vote for Peace and Freedom, Green, or Libertarian candidates, or even cast a write-in vote.
County Central Committees in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco and Santa Cruz counties have positions on a variety of ballot measures and candidates.
Why Vote Peace and Freedom?
Sick of Republicans who are clueless? Tired of Democrats selling you out? There is an alternative! That alternative is the Peace and Freedom Party.
From the Statewide Voter Guide
The Peace and Freedom Party’s statement of purpose in the Official Voter Information Guide for the November 4, 2014 general election, published by the Secretary of State.
The Peace and Freedom Party is a working-class party in a country run by and for the wealthy and their corporations. We should not have to sacrifice our health, our livelihoods and our planet for our bosses’ profits. We can tax the rich, whose wealth is created by workers, to pay for society’s needs. We favor:
- Decent jobs and labor rights for all
- Free education for all, preschool through university
- Free universal health care
- Comprehensive services for disabled people
- Bring the troops home
- End all discrimination. Marriage equality
- Full rights for immigrants
- Restore and protect the environment
- Real democracy and fair political representation.
The “top two” law has taken most parties off the general election ballot. We must end it. Please vote for Adam Shbeita for Congress in the 44th District.
While our system puts the wealthy first, we will suffer war, police brutality, low wages, unsafe workplaces and pollution. We advocate socialism, the ownership and democratic control of the economy by working people. If we join together to take back our industries and natural resources, we can work together for the common good, rather than being slaves to the rich and their corporations.
Register Peace and Freedom Party!